Here you will find recent shoots and stories behind some of my photography. You can contact me at maureen.light@yahoo.com 281-704-0014

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

 A couple years ago I joined a 365 Challenge group on Flickr. This was the best and most creative year for my photography. There were about 15 of us in the group from all over the United States and Europe. It was a wonderful way to be inspired and to learn from other photographers, as well as have the insider view into other people's lives from other countries. As a members of the group we would take a photo everyday for an entire year and post it to the group site. We all talked about each others photos, made comments, offered suggestions.

It sounds like an easy challenge. It's just one photo a day after all. But it being only one photo it puts a lot of pressure on a person to really have something great to show to the rest of the group. It really makes you want to reach deep inside your creative brain for something really amazing. I went a whole 200 days before I missed a day.

This year again I got the old gang back together and added some newbies to the pool. January 1st we began and we were off to a strong start. Unfortunately I've already missed a couple days. Business has been busy, I can't complain. Here is a sampling of some of my favorites over the past two months.

(Above) A self-portrait, I seem to take a lot of those. My daughters and I have taken up knitting again and have discovered these amazingly soft yarns made from bamboo. Scarves are still the only thing we've learned how to make, but it's the process that is enjoyable not the end result.

(Below) This photo is of my husband. For one reason or another he's decided to grow this burly mountain man beard. The perfect Abe accessory! 



 (Above) Another Self-portrait...


 (Above) This one is my oldest daughter...

 (Above) Okay this one has a story behind it. My husband bought this ridiculous clown photo, which lucky me has settled on the wall next to my side of the bed. My new jacket and scarf that I thought were so cute just so happen to be hanging on the the top of the door frame next the clown photo when I notice that our outfits are... the... SAME!
(Above) My oldest daughter again. We got lucky and asked a lady walking by if we could borrow her incredible dog for a second.

No comments: